Often referred to as the modern-day orthodontic aligner, Invisalign is a worthy alternative to dental braces. Invisalign is made from a transparent, dental-grade material and looks pretty much like an athletic mouthguard. Patients will have to put the aligners on, and its walls apply pressure on the teeth in a controlled manner, thereby helping them move to their orthodontically right positions.
Why choose Invisalign?
- The most significant advantage of Invisalign is that it stays under disguise when worn, thanks to its transparent nature. Patients can avoid the embarrassment of using dental braces for a prolonged period.
- The aligners are removable and can be taken off when you have to eat food, brush teeth, play outdoor games, etc.
- The aligners have shape memory. This feature keeps them in shape during the entire treatment phase and applies uniform pressure on the teeth throughout.
- Patients using Invisalign can eat any food during the course of treatment. This wouldn’t be possible in the case of dental braces.
- The aligners can be taken off and cleaned using a cleaning solution. This keeps them free from food debris and microbes.
- The chances of the soft tissues of your mouth being injured due to the aligners are next to none.